English Toffee Cake
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 6 Skor candy bars, chopped into very small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Bake cake as directed, in 2 9-inch layer pans. Cool completely, then slice cakes in half so you have 4 rounds.
- Pour Kahlúa into a glass measuring cup; sprinkle with gelatin.
- Let soak 5 minutes, then heat in microwave for 20 seconds, or until warm to the touch so gelatin will dissolve when stirred.
- Beat whipping cream; gradually add sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the dissolved gelatin mixture.
- Lay cake rounds on counter. Evenly divide whipped cream on each cake, leaving sides bare.
- Sprinkle each layer with chopped bars.
- Stack cakes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours uncovered, to allow gelatin to set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hey there!~ My name is Crystal. I am 19,and living in Florida. I really love to cook,& bake all the time for my family.I just get so much enjoyment out of it! There is just something about the great aroma throughout the house when you bake something,creating special memories in the kitchen! A little more about me: I am a strict vegetarian,(almost vegan!,heh)but of course my whole family is not,so I cook just about anything! Other than cooking-I like to read,surf the net and create art. My favorite websites are: www.ebay.com & www.witchvox.com (I'm wiccan) Of course,the Zaar has become my favorite website! I love how friendly the people are and how interactive this place is!