photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
1 1/2 pounds
- Butter a 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan.
- Melt 1 cup butter in deep, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sugar, water and salt and cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to boil, simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is color of a brown paper bag and temperature registers 300 F on a candy thermometer (about 5- 6 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in almonds and pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Smooth the top with a buttered heat proof spatula.
- With a paper towel, carefull blot the top (mixture is hot) to remove any excess butter.
- Immediately scatter chocolate chips on top.
- Let stand until melted, about 1 minute, then spread evenly over top.
- This is when I pressed the ground almonds into the chocolate.
- Cool to room termperature, then chill 20 minutes before breaking into pieces.
- Layer between wax paper in airtight container and store in refrigerator up to 2 wekks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"