Enchilado De Camerones (Shrimp in Red Pepper Sauce)
From "Real Simple" magazine. Serve over white rice.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika, preferable smoked
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more for serving
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- sliced avocado, for serving
- chipotle hot sauce, for serving
- queso fresco or feta cheese, crumbled for serving
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Saute onions and peppers until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, cook, while stirring, for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add cilantro, wine, capers, and tomatoes (breaking up with hands).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and lime juice and cook until shrimp is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, sliced avocado, chipotle flavored hot sauce, and crumbled cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION