photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning mix or (1 1/2 ounce) package dry enchilada mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheese (I use cheddar, mozzarella and taco seasoned cheese, one cup each)
- 1 (10 count) package 10-inch flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- Combine sauce mix, tomato paste and hot water; whisk together and set aside.
- Brown beef; salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1/2 of sauce mix and 1/2 of cheeses with ground beef.
- Spoon beef mixture, evenly divided, into each of the tortillas and roll up.
- Place rolled tortillas, seam side down, in a 13 x 9 pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce, sour cream or guacamole if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks for posting Margo59. I chose this for a tag game and then realized it wasn't tagged right but I made it anyway. I am glad I did. An easy and tasty enchilada recipe. The filling came together very nicely and I was able to fit 8 in the pan. Kids and adults alike enjoyed this a lot. I even put some sliced olives on top for decoration and served it with sour cream. Tasty meal. Enjoy! ChefDLH
This was such an easy lunch for my three daycare kids today! They thought it was yummy! I decided to kill two birds with one stone and make a double batch, I used part of the meat/sauce mixture on top of crushed tortilla chips, with cheese, lettuce and sauce on top for the DC kids, and I'm going to make a pan of rolled up enchiladas to put in the fridge for dinner this evening! The only thing I did differently was for the sauce I used 1 1/2 pkt taco seasoning mixed with 1 can tomato paste, 1 can tomato sauce, and 1 1/2 c water, and since we are cheesy people,lol, I melted several chunks of velveta in the meat mixture. Delicious, easy, versatile, recipe! Thanks so much Margo!!