Emeril's Tater Tots 'n Cheese Bake
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- white pepper
- 2 cups grated yellow cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen tater tots, thawed (brand of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 9 by 2-inch square baking dish with the butter.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup of the yellow cheddar cheese, 1 cup of the white cheddar cheese, the ham and the tater tots.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Join The Conversation
Using the feedback from the reviews I "kicked it up a notch" About a half of a medium onion finely chopped, And about a 1/4 c. finely chopped green pepper. Then , before I poured the milk mixture over, I dollopped about a 1/3 of a jar of salsa here and there. Yummmy! Made some taco meat and put that on top the second time I made it and even yummier! Great , affordable meal. Thank you for sharing !
I would rate this recipe as 3 stars mostly because its very bland. My son picked at it. I was hoping to lure him to eat something other than mac and cheese. Not as good since he only at a little but he didn't throw it all over the floor either. As far as adults, this definitely needs a little zing. Perhaps add in some green onions and a some more spices - maybe a lot of pepper. Maybe some veggies.