Emeril's New Orleans-Style Welsh Rabbit
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe sounds truly awesome! Serve this an an entree. If you can't find Caerphilly cheese, substitute cheddar. Emeril's.com For the essence seasoning: use recipe #14372 or recipe #11783. We're planning on making this real soon.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup dark beer, such as Abita Turbodog
- 4 ounces english sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces caerphilly cheese or 4 ounces sharp english cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons essence seasoning (use $notetemplate1$ or $notetemplate2$)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry English-style mustard
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 pint raw oyster
- 12 slices French bread, toasted (12 slices - 1/2-inch thick)
- 6 slices crispy-cooked bacon, crumbled
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in the beer.
- When the bubbles have begun to subside, add the cheeses, 1 handful at a time, stirring constantly and in 1 direction only, until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the Essence, the Worcestershire sauce,the dry mustard & crushed red pepper flakes: stir to combine.
- Keep warm while you prepare the oysters.
- In a small skillet or saucepan, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat and add the oysters.
- Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until the oysters are just cooked and have begun to curl around the edges, stirring occasionally.
- Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of Essence.
- To serve, divide the French bread toast between 6 plates, and divide the cooked oysters among the toasts.
- Top with the cheese mixture, and garnish with the crispy bacon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION