Emeril's Bourbon Braised Chicken and Apple Sausage With Onions
- Ready In:
- Heat medium-size skillet over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and add onions and brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes until onions are partially browned. Season with salt and pepper, and place thyme sprigs in skillet.
- Add sausage whole and cook, stirring occasionally until sausage is browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add beer; reduce heat and cook, covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining butter and boubon.
- Remove thyme springs before serving.
- Serve sausages and onions in toasted French or Hoagie roll with Emerils Kicked up Horseradish mustard.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have always loved to cook. This got me into trouble with my wieght, because I loved to eat what I cooked. I am now a weight watcher, I have to lighten most recipes. My favorite cookbooks are Taste of Home & Taste of Home Light. MY pet peeve is boxed dinners. I do love simple and quick though. I have 3 grown sons, one is in last semester of college, one is married and a new baby is on the way, so I will be grandma in January. My daughter-in-law hates to cook, they order prepared food off the internet, that makes me crazy. ha. I love animals, but right now only have one dog. A bloodhound. She is so loveable, I would recommend this breed to anyone as long as you have patience, but they are one of the most loving breeds out there.My married son has 3 lab. retrievers,a baby will be easy after those 3 monsters, as I lovingly called them when they were pups. My oldest son has a Rottwieller. I have had 3 Rotts, they have all pasted, buy they are a really great breed. They are so smart and loveable, I guess that's why people who chose to make them bad, can do so, all they want to do is please their owners. My real passion is shoes, shoes, shoes. I also love jewelry, but shoes, shoes, shoes,!!!!! Update I am finally grandma to the prettiest baby girl ever. She was born on Jan. 15, her name is Mariah. She is perfect!