"emerald Ecstasy" Green Smoothie
This is the delicious Green Smoothie recipe that I make and serve at my Vita-Mix sales demonstrations. It always "wows the crowd" when something that is so bright green tastes so surprisingly delicious! It is designed for a Vita-Mix so I don't know how it would work in any other kitchen appliance. Add ingredients into the 64 oz. container in the following order:
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 cups green grapes (with seeds is healthier)
- 1 large banana (skin removed)
- 1⁄4 of a large fresh pineapple (leave the center in, it has most of the bromelain) or 1/3 of a small fresh pineapple (leave the center in, it has most of the bromelain)
- 1⁄2 apple (seeds and stem is o.k. if using a Vita-Mix)
- 2 -3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 cups ice, to the top of the container
- Turn the machine quickly from variable speed 1 to 10 then flip the switch to high. Push the ingredients down into the blades until the entire mixture is blending. I find it easier to push the food continuously down one corner of the container and eventually it begins to blend. The apple may require a bit of "pounding" before it begins to mix (this is a great anger management recipe! :-).
- When the mixture is first blending it should be so thick and slushy (from the ice) that it is thick like a thick "slushy". If it is too liquid at the beginning, add more ice so it is thick and "slushy". This allows you to blend for 1-2 minutes without warming the drink up from the friction of the blades. It also allows you to break the foods down to the most bioavailable (cellular) level.
- This is a "beginner" Green Smoothie that 98% of the population will love!