Elvis Presley Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- chopped pecans, optional 12 ounces of semi-sweet coconut
- In a 9x13 pan prepare yellow cake according to package directions.
- While the cake is cooking, put the can of pineapple (including syrup) in a small sauce pan.
- Add 1 cup sugar to the pineapple and cook over medium heat being careful not to brown the pineapple.
- In another small saucepan heat the cream cheese and 1/2 box of powdered sugar.
- When melted and heated it should resemble an icing.
- More powdered sugar may be added to achieve the desired look.
- Remove cake from oven and punch holes all over with the handle of a wooden spoon or similar instrument.
- Pour the hot pineapple mix over the top of the cake.
- Let it absorb into the cake.
- Drizzle the icing mix over the cake.
- Top with chopped pecans if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I had a slice of an Elvis Presley Cake at a restaurant recently and it was delicious. When I read the total number of carbs in this recipe for a slice, 92.5 g., I could not believe the amount but I decided that I would bake this one anyway, and try not remember the amount of carbs because it is so delicious!!!