photo by Julie G.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 6 cups water
- 3 teaspoons instant beef bouillon (or 3 cubes)
- 3 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon (or 3 cubes)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or more to your taste)
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped (or more to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 cup anaheim pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs elk meat, cut into 1-inch pieces (or meat of your choosing)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch slices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (fresh is best)
- In 6 quart pan, pour water and turn burner on high. Add the beef boullion, instant chicken boullion, garlic, black pepper, cilantro, basil, and anaheim pepper into the water and bring to a boil.
- Turn burner down to medium and add the meat to the water. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the onion, celery, potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Cook for 2 hours on low.
- Enjoy. Excellent with a crusty bread.