- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Stem and wash berries.
- cover with water and cook until very soft; strain.
- Measure juice; for each quart, add 2 cups of sugar.
- Return to saucepan.
- Tie spices in bag and add to sugar/juice mixture.
- Cook until thick.
- Cool, remove spices and measure again.
- Add 1 pint liquor for each quart of syrup.
- Bottle and cork tightly.
- Let sit in cool dark place for at least three weeks.
- Improves with age.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!