Egyptian Fava Bean Salad (Ww)
photo by Katanashrp
- Ready In:
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 lb fava beans or 1 lb red kidney beans, rinsed drained cooked
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tahini (sesame paste mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pare and seed cucumber; cut cucumber lengthwise into eighths; dice.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Toss well and serve at room temperature or warm slightly.
- EACH SERVING (1 cup) PROVIDES: 3/4 Fat, 1 1/4 Vegetables, 1/4 Protein, 2 Breads, 10 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 241 Calories, 12 g Protein, 9 g Fat, 32 g Carbohydrate, 33 mg Sodium, 0 mg Cholesterol, 8 g Dietary Fiber; 4 points.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"