Eggs in Tortillas
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 6 small flour tortillas, room temperature (6-inch diameter tortillas work well)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray 6 ramekins or custard cups with non-stick cooking spray (like Pam) and gently push a tortilla into each; you'll have to make some pleats.
- Reserve 6 teaspoons of the finely diced red pepper; combine remaining pepper with onions and parsley in a small bowl.
- Divide veggie mixture between the 6 tortillas.
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl and gently tip into one of the tortillas, placing egg on top of the veggies; repeat until all 6 tortillas are filled.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle 1 tsp of the raw red pepper you saved on top of each egg; serve.
- Variation: sprinkle some shredded cheddar or mozzarella on top of eggs before baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good, and quite creative. I loved the torilla bowls and the eggs looked simply lovely. Our guests enjoyed them. My eggs needed a bit more cook time. A good, attractive dish for company. I thought these could stand for a bit more flavor - perhaps some snipped cilantro and some fresh salsa, and maybe some fresh garlic in the onion pepper mixture too.
I was working from home today and saw this recipe while I was hungry and had to make it immediately! I didn't have the veggies so I just made them like little over easy eggs in tortilla cups. I made 2 of them and used oversized an oversized muffin tin. I sprayed each "cup" with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and then sprayed the torrtilla with it as well. Cracked the egg into the tortilla, added salt and pepper and cooked for 15 minutes. They were EXCELLENT and I can't wait to make the for the family! Thanks Lennie for the great idea!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been sharing recipes here at Recipezaar since October 2001. You won't see me around anymore, although if you're an old-school Zaarite you'll remember that in the past, you couldn't shut me up!