Eggs in Bell Pepper Rings
I saw this posted on faithless daughter and thought it was a clever idea that should be shared here. annacia had some problems so im going to edit to hopefully fix
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bell pepper, cut in 2 inch rings across
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, shredded (optional)
- 4 dill sprigs
- Put bell pepper rings in a pan that has the butter melted in it. saute for a coupla minutes with lid on on low to desired doneness of bell pepper
- Put thin slices of tomato inside ring.
- Break egg into 1 ring.
- Salt and pepper.
- Put dill on top of egg. I think basil, parsley, or chives would work also.
- you can put some shredded cheese on here if you wish
- Cover with lid and cook until yolk is hard. You may need a little water, like 1 teaspoon, to steam. Some of the yolks were soft so it must be to a person's preference.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Love the idea and flavor but found it difficult to get the eggs cooked beyond a very soft boil stage without the tomato burning and the pepper rings never really cooked at all. I used a slow temp, added the water and put on a lid at once. I'm sure that I'll try this again but I'll microwave the pepper rings for 10-15 seconds before using and likely have the tomato on the side. I added a bit of shredded cheese just before serving and that was yummy. Thanks Dee for sharing.Reply