Eggs in a Basket
photo by BLUE ROSE
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and as much moisture removed as possible
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped green onion (optional)
- cooking spray
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the hash brown potatoes, 1/4 cup vegetable oil,the beaten egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spray the muffin tins with cookng spray oil.
- Using a large 6 serving muffin tin, spoon about 1/2 cup into the bottom and pressing up the sides of each.
- Be sure the surface of each tin is covered well.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add a little shredded cheddar cheese to the bottom of each tin.
- While the baskets are cooking, melt 1 tbls. of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, half & half and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the drained Rotel and crumbled bacon.
- Cook the eggs in the melted butter until set.
- Spoon cooked egg mixture evenly into each tin.
- Top with more shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven just until the cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with chopped green onion if using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Woohoo nummy! This was very good despite the fact I apparently can't read and forgot to thaw my hashbrowns before attempting to assemble this. So I ended up cooking the hashbrowns in a little oil (mashing them down so they'd get nice and crispy) and scrambling the eggs separately, but everything was spiced per the recipe. The flavors were wonderful! I'm looking forward to cooking this again and actually following the directions this time! ;)
I picked this recipe for my DH.<br/><br/>He loved this! Because this was just for him I chose to make this dish in a small glass pyrex dish, which came out fantastic.<br/><br/>What I like about this recipe is the next time I can twist this around with useing what we have in the house.<br/><br/>He gave this recipe 7 Stars
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.