Eggs Florentine Breakfast Menu (Lite-Bleu)
photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 eggs (or 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pita bread, halved
- 16 ounces 2% low-fat milk
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add spinach and onion. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Meanwhile, In a small bowl, beat egg with salt and pepper. Add egg to skillet and cook till desired doneness.
- Serve with pita bread and a glass of milk.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I liked this eggs florentine recipe because the eggs were scrambled instead of poached!! You got the great flavors without going to a lot of trouble!! Made an easy, 'lite-bleu' lunch and tasted great!! I used some white onion that I already had plus I already had some cooked spinach and I used a whole grain English muffin. Also, served with a few peppers for some heat and some roasted shiitake mushrooms. This is a great recipe to not only cut calories but use any leftover spinach that you might have! Thanks for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Original Zaaarite. Food lovers. Lynnda passed away in March 2020. Her recipes live on here for everyone to enjoy and Rick continues the tradition. We will forever live together through our food. Live well. Eat well.?