Eggplants and Peppers With Basil
photo by littlecookingtips
- Ready In:
- 3 large eggplants, cut into thick stripes
- 5 green peppers, cut into thick stripes
- 5 tomatoes, grated
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 70 g tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- In a large deep frying pan put olive oil and let it burn.
- Add the onions and after a while put the garlic. Let them cooked.
- We add the eggplants and we stir carefully.
- After 5 minutes we add the peppers and we continue for several minutes until they get soft.
- Then we add the tomatoes and the tomato paste and we stir again carefully.
- We reduce the heat, we cover the pot and we let it cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Shortly before we turn off the heat we add the oregano, the basil, the salt and the pepper.
- Τip: There is nothing better than to accompanied with freshly baked bread and feta cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!