Eggplant With Pomegranate Syrup (Betanjan Bi Ruman)
photo by Calista L.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggplants
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 tbsl parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (i have tried apple cider and balsamic, both are good but i prefer the balsamic)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup, aka dibs ruman
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash pepper
- Wash the eggplants, slice and sprinkle with coarse salt. Let them
- sit for one hour then rinse off the bitter liquid they release;.
- pat dry and cut into cubes.
- Remove the skins from the tomatoes and cut into cubes.
- Peel and slice the onion and garlic and saute gently in a skillet with olive oil.
- Add the eggplant, the tomatoes, chopped parsley, mint, vinegar, sugar and a dash of pepper.
- Cook slowly for 20 minutes.
- Add pomegranate syrup.
- Serve warm, with love.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I cook for the men in my life: My sons, I also cook for my best friend Mojo the Pug, I cook for my sister from another Mother