Eggplant and Noodle Casserole
From a Galveston-area church cookbook, a quick-and-easy casserole that's great for weeknights or any night!
- Ready In:
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 5 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Peel eggplant and slice 1/2 inch thick slices. Brush each side of each slice with melted margarine. Broil 4 inches from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Combine cooked noodles and sour cream. Spoon into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Arrange eggplant slices over noodles. Cover with spaghetti sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake 5 minutes longer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Different and quite tasty. I used No Yolk noodles, light Pam sprays in place of the margarine, fat free sour cream, chunky sauce and far free cheese to remove as much fat as possible. I thought that it would be like spaghetti with eggplant not it's not. The sour cream takes it somewhere else entirely. DH wouldn't even try it but if you like the separate ingredients I think you'll find this a pleasant surprise. Made for Photo Tag.Reply