Eggplant and Mozzarella Panini
This is originally from Taste of Home and called for sun-dried tomato spread. I have made a few adjustments for those who can't find the spread at the local grocer. This makes a very filling and vegetarian version of a panini.
- Ready In:
- 1 eggplant, sliced 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 6 ounces smoked fresh mozzarella cheese
- Heat a grill pan or panini press.
- Brush eggpant slices with 1 t olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill until marked and just soft, about 4-6 minutes. If using the grill pan, turn once.
- Cut bread into 4 pieces; slice pieces in half lengthwise.
- Drain and dice sun-dried tomatoes. In small bowl, mix mayonaise with tomatoes.
- Cover one side of ciabatta with mayo mixture.
- Divide grilled eggplant slices between the four sandwiches.
- Add cheese on tops and add other slice of bread on top.
- Brush sandwiches with olive oil and grill until cheese is melting and bread is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce or picante sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION