MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Eggplant, chicken, and cheese in a rich blend for an easy casserole supper.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 red pepper
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 15 ounces alfredo sauce
- 3 ounces swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oil in medium skillet on medium.
- Thinly slice onion and add to oil.
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1/2” cubes then add to the sauteeing, partially carmelized onion.
- Add cubed leftover chicken. (Entirely optional. Use none or more at your preference).
- Coarsely chop red (or green) pepper and add to pan.
- Slice mushrooms and add.
- Stir it all together as you make additions so it doesn’t burn. Add alfredo sauce. I use Classico Creamy, or make your own. The sauce in jars comes in many varieties and is cheap and easy.
- Let the sauce heat and bubble while grating the Swiss (or Jarlsburg) cheese.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a casserole. Cover with grated cheese. Sprinke with paprika.
- Do not cover. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Serve with s tossed green salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION