- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 large eggplant, sliced (aubergines)
- 2 small ripe tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (one teaspoon for each layer)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Clean the eggplant with cold water and then slice length wise into slices about the thickness of a finger, making horizontal and vertical incisions into the flesh of the vegetable.
- Salt these slices and place them in a colander with a plate on top to weight them down. Leave them for about half an hour.
- Clean the tomatoes, remove any seeds and dice them.
- Rinse the eggplant under cold water and dry them with some kitchen towel.
- Arrange a layer of eggplant in an oven dish, scatter some of the diced tomatoes, some crushed garlic, parsley and a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Repeat this process with other layers until all of the ingredients are finished. Place in a pre heated oven at 350F/180°C and cook for half an hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation