- Ready In:
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 quart Jack Daniels Whiskey (Black Label)
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream, whipped to medium peaks
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (garnish)
- Break eggs and separate. To the yolks add all the sugar and then beat thoroughly till the mixture is light, thick and smooth.
- Add jack, a little at a time, beating vigorously. Add all of rum and beat again.
- Add half and half, mixing well, then add fold in the whipped heavy cream.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks then fold into mixture. Let stand to ripen 2 days in the fridge. Serve in a punchbowl with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Whew! This is a nice and simple eggnog to make up. It is very strong. I once read that the alcohol kills any potential nasties from uncooked eggs. I can attest to being quite 'healthy' after this. Just look at the rosy glow on my face! ;) I was worried the Jack would cause this to separate, but it stayed together long enough for my girlfriends to get their hands on it while we were making our Christmas cookies. I'm not so sure how the cookies turned out though! Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Original Zaaarite. Food lovers. Lynnda passed away in March 2020. Her recipes live on here for everyone to enjoy and Rick continues the tradition. We will forever live together through our food. Live well. Eat well.?