- Ready In:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, for the pan
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Heat a 6-cup muffin tin in the oven for a few minutes while you mix the batter.
- In a quart-sized pyrex measuring cup of medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggnog, vanilla and nutmeg. When smooth, whisk in flour and salt.
- Remove heated muffin tin from oven. Spread pre-melted butter over muffin cups to ensure full coverage and a little bit of excess butter at the bottom of the cup (about 1 tsp butter/tin). Quickly divide the batter into the muffin cups (they should be full). Bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 450F, then use a sharp knife to poke a small hole in the top of each popover to release steam and prevent them from deflating. Reduce oven heat to 375°F Bake for an additional 10 - 15 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with maple syrup. Sausage is tasty, too. Make some while those popovers are baking!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!