Eggnog and Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding 2000
- Ready In:
- 5 -6 large cinnamon rolls (at least two days old)
- 1 1⁄4 cups eggnog (whole milk)
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 3 large eggs
- powdered sugar, for dusting garnish
- Cut the rolls or sweet yeast bread into cubes, to make 8 cups total.
- Grease a 2 1/2 quart shallow casserole dish with butter, and place in the 8 cups sweet yeast bread cubes evenly.
- In a large bowl, beat the three eggs, with the eggnog, and heavy cream until blended well.
- Carefully pour half the mixture over cubes, and push down into liquid, and soak for about ten minutes.
- Add remaining liquid and push down with back of spoon, so all is covered well.
- Cover dish with saran wrap and place in fridge overnight, or at least 50 minutes before baking .
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Remove saran wrap and place casserole into a larger pan, and add hot boiling water around making a water bath half way up the sides of dish. Place on centre rack in oven.
- Bake until cubes are toasted and edges are set.
- Remove the casserole from the water bath as soon as you remove it from oven, and place on a cooling rack.
- Let rest for ten minutes.
- Dust with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- Serve plain, or maple syrup.
- Nice with back bacon or sausages for a morning breakfast along with a fruit compote.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Grandmother of two boys, great grandmother of one ...worked in hardware and construction for forty years, read all cookbooks, watch all cook shows on tv. like to cook all types of new recipes.