Eggless Short Bread Cookies
photo by BBQueenOfTheWorld
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 175 Degrees Celsius.
- Line some trays (around 2-3) with baking paper.
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, and mix until it gets lighter and fluffier. (If the butter is too hard, microwave it for about 40 seconds or make sure it's soft enough to whisk).
- Add vanilla and milk to the butter and sugar mixture. (You can choose the amount of vanilla you want to use).
- Combine salt, flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. (Preferably a bigger one than the one in the which the sugar mixture is in).
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients, using either a whisk or your hands. The dough should be a bit sticky at this point.
- Add extra flour as needed until dough becomes less sticky. I used around 3 Tablespoons, because you don't want the dough to be too tough or sticky.
- Form 12 equal-sized balls, or vary it to the size you want. The smaller the cookies, the more cookies you get, but don't make them too small or big. Place the balls into the trays. Flatten the balls a bit to help them expand. Don't keep the balls too close otherwise they will stick together.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 14 and love baking <3! I like baking cakes but I mostly bake cookies. Especially shortbread! And I'm Indian....Mmmm.... I'm vegetarian and I love pizza!