A fluffy vegetarian version of pancakes
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt or 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- Lightly mix all ingredients in a fairly large bowl; leave 5-10 minutes to rise. Its important only to mix the batter enough to moisten, as overmixing will make the pancakes tough.
- Gently fold down; leave again for 5-10 minutes if you have the time, and gently fold down again.
- Cook medium to medium-high on an oiled skillet till golden, carefully breaking apart any large lumps with the spatula.
- Serve immediately.
- For Vegan use only the soy milk and the soy yogurt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have food allergies, eggs being one of them and I'm also lactose intolerant so I used Fat free lactose free milk. In place of vegetable oil, I used a pan lightly coated with a light olive oil. I also left out the vanilla and cinnamon because I'm not crazy about cinnamon and I thought these pancakes were delicious. I didn't taste any difference between these and those made with eggs. I even made them for my grandson and he didn't taste any difference. I can't use syrup so I just put my lactose free margarine on them in addition to organic powdered sugar. When you make them just make sure the batter is this enough. I found I had to add a little bit more water than the recipe called for.