Eggless Mixed Fruit (Dried) Slice.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 250 g dried mixed fruit (sultanas, raisins, glace cherries, apricots, dates, mixed peel etc)
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 g butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄3 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup coconut, extra
- Melt the butter with the honey.
- Meanwhile in a medium sized bowl, add the first4 ingredients and mix.
- Pour the butter mix into the bowl and mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 15x20 cm tin and bake at 180 oC until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Ice while warm, not hot. Sprinkle coconut over the top and let cool completely.
- To make icing, mix sugar, lemon juice and butter and mix until smooth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br />As a toddler, my nic-name was Pompom (my Poppy had a golf hat with a pompom and it was one of my first words, and it stuck as my nic name). My Poppy has long since passed, but I fondly remember him every time I log on. I'm a stay at home mum of four aged: 10, 8, 7 and almost 6. I have a severe egg allergy and am lactose intolerant, I enjoy working out ways to still enjoy food minus eggs and milk. I have been married for 14 years and have one very happy and well fed hubby.<br />My goal is to try one new recipe a week, for the past 8 years have achieved this. I own over 300 cookbooks, but no longer purchase them - but regularly print out recipes to try later.<br />When I am not cooking, I am busy household of 6 and going to the gym (to work off the wonderful calories I consumed the day before) and helping at school and church.<br />My philosophy in life is: as we have to eat, we may as well eat well.</p>