Eggless Corn Pudding Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°F, and grease a muffin tin well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Fill muffin tin. (The cups will be almost full. Don't worry, it doesn't rise too much.).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tops begin to brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a professor of physics and astronomy at a small liberal arts college. My husband is a good cook and a real dear about helping out with the cooking, but I don't surrender the kitchen too often, because I really love cooking, even after a long day—though I really appreciate recipes that are quick and easy. Aside from cooking, I also enjoy reading (mostly science fiction, though I try to keep my horizons broad) and board games, card games, and role-playing games.