- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (or more if you LOVE ginger)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 12 ounces raw shrimp (we usually use the baby frozen shrimp)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb turkey sausage
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 teaspoons water
- egg roll wrap
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir fry the ginger and garlic in cooking spray for 30 seconds.
- Add the sprouts, shrimp, water chestnuts, sausage, green onion, and carrots.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and cornstarch mixture and stir until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Fill eggroll wrappers, trying to drain excess liquid from filling.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Turn once while baking to avoid a mushy eggroll.
- As an alternative you can fry these but it would add extra calories.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Omaha NE and am an audiologist at Boys Town National Research Hospital. I love to cook, as does my husband Michael. In the summer, we have a large garden and try to use alot of fresh fruits/veggies in our cooking. We have a 5 year old daughter, Kate and almost 2 year old son Sam and enjoy introducing them to new foods. One of their favorites is fresh pesto smeared on crackers!