These are so good and easy. I have "whipped" them up for over 30 years.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 can Chinese vegetables
- 1 package egg roll wrap
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- salt and pepper
- brown sausage.
- lay cabbage on top and let steam for a few minutes with lid on pan.
- drain veggies and add to this mixture.
- Cool mixture.
- add spices (abt 1 tsp each).
- lay egg roll wrapper so it is in diamond shape.
- spoon about a heaping tblspoon in center.
- with wet finger, wet the two"top edges" of diamond shape.
- fold up the bottom side.
- fold one side of wrapper over, then the other side.
- "roll"the wrapper from the bottom up.
- The wet edges will seal wrapper.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with hot mustard or sweet and sour sauces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I've made egg rolls before but this recipe is the BEST! I did add few things. I used ground beef in place of the sausage I added minced garlic and about 2Tbs chopped green bell pepper. Also sprinkled alittle McCormick's grill mate Montreal Steak seasoning and about a Tbs of Soy Sauce. Followed the recipe for the directions and deep fried them in my deep fryer about 4 minutes, turning roll half way. They were fabulous!! I also used my recipe for shrimp sauce to dip them in. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!