photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
2 single crusts
- Put flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to mix well.
- With the motor OFF, cut in the cold butter and margarine.
- Pulse until the fats are in about 1/4 inch pieces.
- Put the lemon juice OR vinegar and the egg, beaten into a measuring cup and add enough ice water to make 1/2 cup.
- Start your processor and feed water in a slow stream through the tube.
- Watch what your doing as you may not need all the liquid, because as soon as the dough begins to gather together stop the machine.
- The dough does not have to form a ball but it should be soft and silken.
- Turn dough out onto waxed paper, form into two balls, wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!