Egg in Avocado Hole
I saw a picture of this and can't wait for my avocado trees to produce this year. This may become a regular breakfast. Here in Florida the avocados are large and buttery. One avocado will yield 2 thick slices. If you use the Haas grenades, you, likely will need 2 avocados.
- Ready In:
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium low heat.
- Lightly spray with oil.
- Slice an avocado with the skin ON lengthwise, forming 1 or 2 thick slice in the middle.
- You will have some leftover avocado pieces – so, Make some bonus guacamole if you want! Guacamole for Breakfast? Why NOT?.
- Remove the seed and use a small cookie cutter to make a hole in the center of your thick slice big enough for your egg.
- Place the avocado slice in the pan. Crack your egg into the center of the hole.
- Cover and cook for a minute or two, until the egg is as you like it.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Alternatively you can leave the skin on the avocado and place the egg(s) in the hole and bake at 350°F This takes much longer, about 30+ minutes. However, if you were feeding a crowd would be easier.