Egg-Free Spinach Pie (That Actually Holds)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3⁄4 cup buckwheat groats (whole, not flour)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, defrosted
- 2 cups chopped dill
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 lb feta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- garlic salt, to taste
- 4 sheets phyllo dough, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring water to a boil and add buckwheat, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Defrost spinach and drain well.
- Put spinach and dill in a food processor until well mixed.
- Add feta, pepper, lemon juice, and oil and mix.
- Add cooked buckwheat, mix again.
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter and oil until slightly browned; add garlic salt.
- Add to spinach mixture; mix.
- Brush sheets of phyllo dough with oil.
- Place 3 sheets into an 8-12 inch pan.
- Fill with spinach mixture.
- Place last sheet on top, brush with oil slightly.
- Cover with tin foil, bake for 35 minutes at 375°F.
- Take foil off, continue baking until browned, 5-10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!