Egg Foo Yung With Chinese Brown Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ham
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 8 -12 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 8 -12 ounces bamboo shoots, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Mix all ingredients for sauce in small pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Set aside but keep warm.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil, cook on both sides to brown.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!