Egg and Sausage Breakfast Ring
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This makes a delicious breakfast for company. Recipe is from Pillsbury.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F; Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onions over medium-high heat 5-8 minutes or until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in bell pepper; cook until tender.
- Remove from pan.
- In small bowl, beat 5 eggs, the salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally from outside edge to center.
- Cook until eggs are set but still moist.
- Stir in sausage mixture and cream cheese.
- Unroll both cans of dough.
- Place dough on cookie sheet, long sides overlapping, to form 14x13-inch rectangle; firmly press edges to seal.
- Spoon egg mixture down center to within 1/2-inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Starting at longest side, roll up; press edges to seal.
- Shape into a circle; pinch ends to seal.
- Cut six 2-inch slits around top of dough.
- Brush dough with egg; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION