Edith Bunker's Potted Chicken
- Ready In:
- Put flour, salt, pepper and thyme in a plastic bag and shake the chicken parts in it.
- Heat butter in the bottom of a dutch oven and add onion-cook until golden.
- Brown chicken in the same pot and keep turning while its getting brown.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, sugar. salt and garlic powder and stir it all around to mix.
- Cover pot and turn heat to low. Cook chicken until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper at the end to your liking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.