Edible Picnic Basket (Bread Machine)
photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
1 bread basket
- Remove dough from the machine after the dough or manual cycle is completed.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, and carefully form into a ball without punching down.
- Place onto greased cookie sheet and let rise about one hour or until doubled in size.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Hollow out cooled bread like a pumpkin, reserving"lid" to put back on.
- Butter inside and fill with: i.e. fried chicken.
- Replace lid and wrap in heavy duty foil, then news paper, then foil again.
- Bread and chicken will stay warm all day!
- Success Hints: Use to make edible soup bowls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Awesome recipe!!! This was my first bread bowl I have tried and it turned out FANTASTIC!! The texture is excellent and the flavor is outstanding. It was a big hit last night here at the lake. Everyone loved it!! I didn't even have a chance to take a photo,but I will the next time. :) Thank you for sharing this fantastic recipe!!