Edible Chocolate Sprinkle Bowls
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of candy wafers (or chocolate)
- 2 cups rainbow candy sprinkles
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- ADDITIONAL MATERIALS: 2 small bowls, sharp pin.
- Blow up small balloons, about 6 inches in diameter.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper on it for the bowls to freeze on.
- Melt chocolate or candy in a microwavable bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each until the chocolate is smooth.
- Hold each balloon by the knot and dip straight down into the bowl of chocolate, pushing it down until the chocolate has gone up the sides as far as you want it to.
- Lift the balloon straight up, allow the excess chocolate to drip off for a few seconds, without shaking.
- Immediately add sprinkles to the bowls by tossing them onto the chocolate.
- Set the balloons down onto parchment-lined sheet and freeze for about 2 minutes, depending on the kind of chocolate used.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove balloons from the freezer and use a pin to pop them.
- Peel the plastic away from the balloon, slowly if it’s sticking.
- Fill with ice cream and desired toppings!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!