Edgar Allen Poe Pizza
There is a pizza chain called Dewey's that makes this. Of course, I don't have their fabulous crust recipe here (if I did I'd be out selling pizza). Just use the best, lightest, average thickness crust you have (preferably home made). If it turns out even halfway like the pizza at Dewey's, I promise your desire to eat other pizza will be "nevermore". And yeah, I am still working on bringing you that crust recipe!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1⁄2 ounce olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
- 3 1⁄2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 ounces roasted garlic cloves, kept whole after roasting
- 2 1⁄2 ounces pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (chevre)
- 3 ounces diced fresh roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Prepare dough.
- Spread a thin layer of oil on dough, then sprinkle with fontina and mozzarella.
- Arrange the toppings with the chevre in little chunks.
- Bake in a hot oven (450°F+) on a preheated baking stone if you have it, till browned and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The perfect veggie pizza and, with a prepared crust, faster to put together than the pizza delivery person can make it to your house! The only suggestion I would make is to omit the Fontina cheese. It's expensive (at least where I live) and we couldn't taste it - since the toppings are so flavorful - think using all mozzarella for the bottom layer would taste the same. I'll definitely make this again!Reply