Ecuadorian Empanadas De Viento - Cheese Empanadas - Ecuadorean
- Ready In:
- Mix flour and baking powder well. Cut in shortening.
- Mix water, salt and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Blend water into the flour mixture, a bit at a time until you get a soft dough. Knead it well.
- Roll out dough until it is pretty thin. Cut circles with a cup or cutter, of the size you desire.
- Start heating your oil.
- Put 1 tbsp filling (depending on size of circles you have cut) into the middle of each circle. Fold over and turn the edges to seal well.
- Fry them in a skillet, with a lot of oil. Spoon hot oil over them as they fry, so that both sides get golden and you don't have to turn them. They puff up as you spoon the oil over them.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with sugar and serve immediately, as the dough and the cheese hardens when they get cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!