photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
10 echidna balls
- Preheat oven to 210C or 190C fan forced.
- Line a 1 baking trays with baking paper and place sweet potato on one prepared tray and bake for 1 hour or until just tender and set aside for 10 minutes until cool enough to handle, peel and discard skin.
- Place sweet potato, cream cheese, flour and egg in a bowl and using a fork mix to combine.
- Spread rice on a dinner plate.
- Shape 1 heaped tablespoon sweet potato mixture into a ball and press 1 cub of cheese into centre of ball and shape the ball to enclose cheese.
- Roll ball over rice to cover, lightrly pressing rice onto ball and place on prepared tray and repeat with remaining sweet potato mixture, cheese and rice.
- Spray ball with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and heated through and set aside to cool.
- NOTE You will need 1/2 cup of uncooked brown rice to get 1 1/2 cup of cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
For flavor and concept, these are 5 stars, for actual technique, these are a 4 for me. I think these require some skill as I made as directed, yet my sweet potato filling wasn't firm enough to take in the cheese and roll in the rice. I got some to work, as you can see from my photo(s), but couldn't get the volume out. I will try these again. Thanks, I'm Pat! Made for Newest Zaar Tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.