Eat Your Beans! Easy Fresh Green Bean Salad
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans, topped and tailed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or sub your favourite fruit vinegar)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 fresh garlic clove (optional)
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped well (or sub 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (or halved)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Bring about 2 inches of water to boil in the bottom of a steamer. Add the beans to the top part, cover and let steam until tender but still firm (about 4-5 minutes). You really want to retain their crispness. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. You could also dunk them into a ice water bath. Drain well and pat dry.
- While the beans cook, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard and garlic and season to taste with S&P. (If using feta you likely won't want any salt).
- Place the cooled beans into a bowl with the onions, cilantro, radish slices, oregano and toss together with the dressing. Adjust seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Surround the beans with the tomato wedges for garnish. Chill until ready to serve.
Join The Conversation
Wow a real different green bean salad!<br/>I had to boil the beens for about 12 minutes until they reached the tender but still "al dente" stage.<br/>As I had only strong onions I drained the hot beens, added the onions, tossed and covered for 2 minutes. After this I placed them in big bowl to cool down completely.<br/>I added the dressing half radish, tossed again, placed the salad on the serving dish and decorated with remaining radish and tomatoes.<br/>Yummy and beatiful, thanks!
Although I followed the recipe, I did make a few small changes, mostly because, although my other half likes feta cheese, I can do without it! So, I made the salad without it but included it on the table! I also used a little lemon pepper in place of the usual S&P, & we had a great salad! Love the combo of beans & cherry tomatoes! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday tag]