Easy, Whole Food, Oil Free, Vegan Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups soymilk (unsweetened)
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 bananas
- Combine Flour, Baking Powder, and Soy Milk in a bowl and whisk until well mixed. In a blender, combine Bananas and already mixed other Ingredients. Mix until smooth (no banana chunks remaining).
- Cook over medium heat in a non stick pan (no oil needed if the pan is non-stick) as you would normal pancakes.
- I recommend using actual maple syrup, or agave nectar (my favourite) and no margarine for a whole food, ultra healthy vegan breakfast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great texture, very fluffy, easy proportions to work with and remember in the future. I will try adding a little salt and nutmeg or cinnamom next time as they were a little bland. I mashed the bananas with a fork and mixed by hand with almond milk, then added the wet ingredients to the dry. Very easy.
Great recipe. <br/><br/>I did a slight variation in order to also use whole wheat flour: combine 1 cup white flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 2.5 (or more if you like) tablespoons baking powder in a bowl. Blend the 2 bananas, and 2 1/3 cups soy or almond milk in a blender. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients using a wire whisk. Wait 5 minutes to give the whole wheat flour time to absorb liquid. <br/><br/>Replacing the 1 cup of whole wheat flour with 1 cup of quick rolled oats should work too.