Easy Tofu No-Meat Balls (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained, blotted, and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats, uncooked (make gluten free by changing to cooked rice or rice flakes or crushed corn flakes)
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or any oil for frying)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium mixing bowl and use your hands to mix well. Shape into 1 1/2" balls, and roll in mixture of corn starch and nutritional yeast.
- Saute balls in oil until browned. Add to your favorite pasta dish!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/451456/Paula+Grad+18.JPG I'm a grad student and also teach at two different schools, so I need some fast/easy recipes. I try to eat vegan, and most of my creations are also gluten-free because my husband is Diabetic/Celiac. I don't post any recipes I have not personally tried and liked.