Easy Three-Ingredient Cubed Steak
A simple and easy recipe, reminiscent of mom's home cooking. Requires only three ingredients aside from staples already in your pantry. This dish makes its own gravy, so serve it with rice or mashed potatoes for a complete meal. Leftovers refrigerate and reheat well for lunches later in the week.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 cube steaks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (1 ounce) packet beef gravy mix (or Brown Gravy Mix)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season both sides of cubed steaks to taste with salt and pepper and dust cubed steaks with a light coating of flour.
- In a non-stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray, over medium-high heat, brown cubed steaks on both sides. Do not cook through.
- Place cubed steaks in a glass baking dish (it will not hurt if they overlap a little bit) and top with sliced onion.
- Mix the gravy mix with water, according to the package directions. Do not cook the gravy.
- Pour the uncooked gravy over the cubed steaks and onions, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for one hour.