Easy Thai Garlic Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 12 -15 medium shrimp to large shrimp, butterflied and shells removed
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 -7 minced garlic cloves (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 fresh red chili, minced (to taste) or 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed chili (to taste)
- cilantro, minced
- limes (to garnish) or lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Make the marinade by combining in a mixing bowl the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic, lime juice, and chili. Stir well. Place shrimp in the marinade and stir well to coat; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. When hot, add the shrimp along with the marinade. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are pink. They will become lightly browned from the sauce. (Avoid overcooking or shrimp will turn rubbery.).
- Remove to a serving dish and sprinkle on top cilantro. Serve with a side of jasmine rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!