Easy Sugar-Dusted Amaretti Biscuits
photo by Jostlori
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 cup blanched almond
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In food processor, blend almonds and 1/4 cup of the icing sugar until finely ground.
- Blend in remaining icing sugar and flour.
- In bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in granulated sugar until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Fold in the nut mixture and the almond extract.
- Grease baking sheet and preheat oven to 300°F.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe biscuit mixture into 1 1/2 inch wide mounds about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in 300F oven for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and allow the biscuits to dry inside the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on racks.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These cookies are amazing! They're a bit like French Macarons, but not as finicky! DH can't keep his hands off of them - I doubt they will last the night. Next time, I might try something other than a plain pastry tip - or do as another recipe suggests and slightly flatten the points at the top of the cookies. You'll know why if you examine the photo I took. No matter what angle I tried, they cookies like like little ta-ta's. LOL...