Easy Strawberry Tart
I got this from a Kraft magazine a while back and is it ever tasty! Strawberry season is coming so this is a great recipe to try!! Prep-time includes chill time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (4 serving)
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip Lite
- 4 cups strawberries, washed,dried & sliced in half lengthwise (Reserve 1 whole berry)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam, warmed & sieved
- Beat butter and sugar in electric mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- Add flour and continue beating until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture up sides and on bottom of 9 inch flan pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes; cool 20 minutes before filling.
- Prepare pudding as directed on package; mixture will be thick.
- Fold gently in orange rind and topping.
- Spread crust with prepared filling.
- Working from the outside edge of tart to center, place berries on filling, cut side of berry facing out.
- Place whole berry in center of tart.
- Gently spoon glaze over tart.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Well, it's 10:30 at nite, and I just had a little piece of this wonderfully creamy dish. Did someone say...diet! It's a good thing this is kinda lite. I did make a few small changes. I used a 9 inch pie plate and I diced the strawberries and put in about 3/4 cup with the pudding. The rest I put in a circle on the top. This was sooo easy...a good one to start a young teenager on the baking trail! Thanks for the sweets, sweetheart.Reply