Easy Slow Cooked Vegetarian Taco Soup
photo by Parsley
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 3 (15 ounce) cans Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style pinto beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can of chopped green chilies
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons powdered broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Simmer for three or more hours.
- Serve with grated cheese, tortilla chips, extra fresh cilantro and diced onions, shredded cabbage or diced radishes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This tasted great and was perfect for my family's busy student schedule! I used rotel diced tomatoes with chilies added, and, per reviews, I doubled the amount of beans. I also added two cloves of garlic. I filled the bowls with corn chips and then poured the soup over it. DH and I topped our bowls with fiesta shredded cheese, sour cream, and cilantro. IMHO, the cilantro was what really tied all the flavors together, so make sure you've got it on hand. I'm about to make it again, and DH's face lit up when I told him what was for dinner. Thanks!!
I added an extra can of chili/ranch beans, as well as extra chili powder, garlic, frozen corn, and cumin. The great thing about this recipe is that you can adjust the flavors to your liking! I served with Mexican cornbread and my boyfriend and I said we would definitely enjoy eating this meal again!! Also, you can use vegetarian powdered broth, as I did, and still enjoy great flavor!!
I am so thrilled to have found such a winning recipe for a delicious, meatless soup. It is one of my all time favorite soup recipes and my family agrees. I also added tortilla chips and avocado to mine. The kitchen smells terrific while it's cooking. I use extra cilantro and add garlic powder or fresh garlic. Thanks very much!